Saturday, March 8, 2008

Time for a catch up...

I can't believe it's been a week since my last post. I'm not sure why, but I've felt that there hasn't been anything very worthy of posting about, except the usual day-to-day stuff. And now I've found myself nearing the end of the week without a post, so I will just have to post about the usual day-t0-day stuff. Now is your chance to move onto a more interesting blog!!!

We went to visit Glenn's parents this morning so I baked some chocolate brownie to take. I've made chocolate brownie plenty of times before, but this recipe was a new one. And I have to say, it's by far the richest, most chocolatey, fudgy brownie I've ever made. It's delicious, but you certainly can't eat too much of it because of the richness. Of course, it's full of all the usual chocolate brownie goodness.....tonnes of sugar, tonnes of dark chocolate, tonnes of butter....and just as I'm pulling it from the oven and marvelling at my handiwork, Glenn informs me that his parents have just started a new diet!!!!!! So how bad did I feel walking in the door with, probably one of the most fattening slices ever!!! Needless to say, we brought the remaining slice home with us so it was not a temptation for them, and we had some for dessert tonight.

And here is tonight's dinner....the kids asked what was for dinner and Glenn said a 'Snack Attack'. So I think that will be the new name for this dinner. We've been having it a bit lately on the weekends. Tonight I set up a blanket on the back lawn for a picnic dinner. It's amazing how a slight change to the normal dinner routine for the kids is enough to excite them so much. We had a lovely dinner of shaved ham, jarslberg cheese (my favourite), pate' (mmmmm), hommus (mmmmm), bread rolls and some salad.


And we set up our picnic right next to our rabbit, Roxy. So poor Roxy had drool through her cage at our dinner. She's already spent the afternoon out, hopping around the back yard and eating all my lettuce in the vegie patch.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

brownies, dinner on the back lawn - sounds like a great idea. Glad you all had fun.