Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My 'BLOB' called Blossom...




Aren't little kids adorable with the way they interpret things. This afternoon, I set the kids up with some flat little wooden popstick style people for them to decorate with fabric, textas etc. Will decided he wanted to take it a step further and make a bed for his wooden doll (actually, it originally started out as a skateboard, then he changed his mind and made it a bed). He asked me to make a tiny little pillow for it. When they had both finished decorating, Will asked me if I was going to write about it on my....."B-L-O-B". I love it when they misinterpret things. I always ask them to repeat themselves, just so I can have an extra giggle to myself. Yep, I was right the first time....he called my blog, a blob!!! So cute.

I took the kids to Spotlight this morning (of course, it was for very selfish reasons....I had a Christmas voucher to spend!!!). I told the kids they could choose a little craft each to do. That's where the wooden popstick people came from. I decided I wanted to spend my voucher on a cutting mat and a rotary cutter so I can learn how to make quilts. Of course, I spent three times the amount of my voucher, but I'm certainly very well set up now. Spotlight had a clearance table for all their quilting fabrics and they were marked down to $3.00 per metre. I found this gorgeous aqua and floral fabric that had originally been $18.95 per metre....BARGAIN!!! I've already used most of it making another table runner, a small coffee table mat, a cushion and a little drink coaster. I wish I'd bought more, but the kids were worn out by the time I reached the fabric aisle. And really, I'd spent enough!!!

No comments: