Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Breaking the Blogging Drought...

I'm back!!! Not sure for how long, but we'll see how things go. This is the first bit of sewing I've done in what feels like such a long time. Life has been really hectic, but I'm thoroughly enjoying working part-time. The kids have adjusted beautifully (we had a few tears from Will for a couple of days when I dropped him at school, but all is good now!!!). And of course we're on school holidays at the moment, so I found some time to make these sock monkeys for the kids.

This one is Chloe's and it turned out really cute. BUT I definitely need to brush up on my handsewing since these have quite a bit of it!!!

And as per Will's usual style, we had to break the 'Sock Monkey Mould' and make one with extra long limbs and tail!!! How hilarious does it look. Seriously, it has the most ridiculously long legs ever!!! And they were an absolute bugger to stuff!!! But as far as Will was concerned, the longer the better. We used a pair of mens knee high socks to make him (not sure what man would want a pair of yellow and black striped knee highs???) We had a bad start to this monkey because I forgot to turn the first sock inside out before I sewed up his legs and body, so he has a few raw edges showing...just adds to his charm I think (that's what I told Will anyway!!!).

I'm hoping to find the time, enthusiasm and energy to get back into blogging again. Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear that your return to work has gone smoothly. Love those sock monkeys - especially Will's long legged pal.