Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Recipe Box Swap...and Earrings!!!

Before I begin, I have to say I'm certainly making up for my lack of posting over the past few weeks. I think this is my third or fourth post for this week....hope I'm not boring you!!!

I had a meeting this morning with the past co-ordinator of our Mother's Day Stall so that I can get my head around the running of it and all that is to be done. And I'm pleased to say I've come away feeling excited, creative and not too overwhelmed. I got to work straight away after our meeting and made a few pairs of earrings to sell.

These ones are my favourite...




I've mentioned in a previous post that I'm taking part in The Recipe Box Swap over at I Have To Say, so here is my recipe for this month.....Beer Bread. I don't have a photo to show you, but it's the easiest bread ever!!! Go and visit I Have To Say to check out more great recipes.


swap blogpost


Beer Bread

Ingredients:-

3 cups self raising flour

2 Tbspns brown sugar

375ml full strength or mid-strength beer (at room temperature if possible)

2 Tbspn water (if necessary)

Method:-

1. Combine SR flour and brown sugar in a large bowl.

2. Make a well in the centre and pour in a can/bottle of beer.

3. Mix to a smooth consistency and pour into a greased and lightly floured round cake tin.

4. Bake in a moderate oven for 45 minutes to an hour or until golden.

5. Remove from tin to cool and then slice with a serrated knife.

6. DELICIOUS served warm with lashings of butter and a lovely soup for dunking!!!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Lovely earrings-they turned out really well.Hmmmm Beer bread-will have to try it sounds delicious(especially with the lashings of butter!!)

Amy said...

Oh, sounds good. I have an aunt who always makes the most wonderful beer bread. I'll have to try this!

Amy

Pieces said...

This sounds delicious!

Selina said...

The red and flower beads are really nice. They should do well.

Anonymous said...

The earrings are adorable! Great work!

I have never had beer bread, but I have heard it is tasty. Thanks for the recipe!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your earrings look really pretty - you are certainly making a great start on your stall.

Yes, I just live up the hill a little way from you. My son used to have tennis lessons in the park across from your place. It sure is a small world.

You should introduce your daughter to cooking if she is interested. I started my kids off on simple recipes and packet mixes while they were learning the basic skills. I am reaping the rewards now when they cook the dinner.

Anonymous said...

hhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiii