I had a meeting this morning with the past co-ordinator of our Mother's Day Stall so that I can get my head around the running of it and all that is to be done. And I'm pleased to say I've come away feeling excited, creative and not too overwhelmed. I got to work straight away after our meeting and made a few pairs of earrings to sell.
These ones are my favourite...
I've mentioned in a previous post that I'm taking part in The Recipe Box Swap over at I Have To Say, so here is my recipe for this month.....Beer Bread. I don't have a photo to show you, but it's the easiest bread ever!!! Go and visit I Have To Say to check out more great recipes.
3 cups self raising flour
2 Tbspns brown sugar
375ml full strength or mid-strength beer (at room temperature if possible)
2 Tbspn water (if necessary)
1. Combine SR flour and brown sugar in a large bowl.
2. Make a well in the centre and pour in a can/bottle of beer.
3. Mix to a smooth consistency and pour into a greased and lightly floured round cake tin.
4. Bake in a moderate oven for 45 minutes to an hour or until golden.
5. Remove from tin to cool and then slice with a serrated knife.
6. DELICIOUS served warm with lashings of butter and a lovely soup for dunking!!!